Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I'm Too Tired, Tonight

Dear Readers,

I'm sorry, but I'm am just too exhausted to pull anything creative out of my head today.

I'm just past the half way mark with the daily radiation treatments and I'm hollow as a cored-out apple.  I've been coming up with continuing posts as treatment has gone on, feeling pretty proud that I've managed to continue until now, but now the well feels pretty dry and burnt out.

Given how twitchy I get when forced to stop writing, normally, I'll be back on the horse soon. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the day after.

I feel guilty since your guys support has been my sole support since this cancer cancelled all my karate teaching, but I am not stopping mid-story.

 That said... I'd like to announce the next comment contest.

The first fifty coherent, thoughtful comments will win the creation of a secondary character in the story.  A hundred good comments and I'll do a full post based on that person.

They can be based on you, or a friend or a family member or even a pet...  Give me feedback and I'll Tuckerize you! 

10 comments:

  1. Take good care of yourself; we will wait! :)

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no need for guilt, so please release it and return to focussing on what you need in order to make it through this challenge.

    Sending you healing thoughts and courage.

    As SavageKitsune said, also waiting patiently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Hey! An early tie for first place in the comment contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have twice now watched my mother go though the kind of daily treatments that you are dealing with. That you have managed as well as you have is nothing short of a miracle imo. You astound and impress me. Take your time recover a bit. We Will Wait.

    Healing energies and prayer are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. This is the oddest illness I've ever confronted. Very sneaky and nothing to confront!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sneaky and nothing to confront!
    ---------------

    Send Tizrav after it.

    Don't think I'm joking. As my own character says, "It's all about the visualization".

    There have been actual scientific studies done wherin people visualized little Pac-Men scuttling around in their bodies, finding and eating cancer cells. Those people actually improved. Skeptics put it down to placebo effect. I say, Who really gives a crap, if it works.

    Besides, that would give those of your readers with such inclinations a common framework to zap you a little help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read those! Yes! Tizzy would hunt down those cells pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeheehee Tizrav. That ferret is not really just a ferret at all!!

    This comment competition is a very good idea.

    Long time reader, haven't felt the need to post until now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in! Tizrav is... well. She flyer than dragon! Is is is!

      Or so she tells me. She enjoyed stealing socks and doing the incredible haunted sock drawer (apparently opening by itself)with her pushing from the back. She is also longer lived than her inspiration unfortunately.

      Delete