Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Latest Update

Hi everyone,

Biopsy results are back... they have me scheduled for a lumpectomy Friday.

So, today I had a totally cool full body bone scan as they go see if this thing has spread before they open me up.  I can now say I've seen films of my whole skeleton!  Which will one day make an interesting self portrait to paint.  Much better than just the torso images I had before.

Tomorrow I get a different kind of radioactive isotope injected, so the Dr. can see what she's doing.  Today I was only the geigercounter anathema for about six hours... ;)

I'm scheduled for surgery 9:15 Friday morning and should be home the same day.  Lots of cool imaging and I'm please with North York General Hospital, aside from the paying for parking issue which is like kicking you when you're down.  But the hospital is right on the subway line so no big deal.

I'll keep everybody posted.  Heck if I feel that I need wordy distraction or run out of books I want to read I might have another post out of the waiting time.   

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you. My mother has battled breast cancer. She was an 11 year cancer survivor. I am hoping you beet her record by a few decades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have been through your surgery by now, so I hope that everything went well and that the results your doctors are seeing are good, and that you are feeling as well as possible in the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete