Tuesday, September 4, 2012

100 - To All Users


To all users of the Lainz News Hive... we announce that the launch is a complete success.  In fact, it is perhaps TOO successful.  We are working on filling the demand for new boxes and supplying assistance for the many page displayers that were overwhelmed by the information offered by the city.

Smaller oases and wadis are asked to wait patiently for service teks to ride out to oversee the fixing of new displayers, or empty them completely and begin from scratch with one part CLEAN water and eight parts CLEAN fibre.  Human or any other kind of urine is not clean enough.

Please be sure of the number you are writing letters to and PLEASE make sure that there IS a number INCLUDED right at the very TOP so that your personal letters do NOT get sent to the Highest Hub INSTEAD of to your intended recipient.

The displayers are being distributed as fast as they can be grown and the Hive is barely coping with the influx of information. We are very pleased with the willingness of everyone to share their information, especially in such DETAIL.

Should anyone in the city have a talent for writing, editing, sorting and creating words, please apply to the Highest Hub.  Multiple positions are available for an hourly wage, guaranteed by the Radiance Himself.

**

Milari Border Displayer NUMBER 1660-MBD-01

Dear Son,

I haven’t received anything from you for a while, so I am writing this on the new system of letter writing (enclosed is a page of instruction for your use on your return to the civilized countries).  I understand that letters written will be peeled off and sent on by regular mail courier, so it should cut weeks off delivery times to the benighted Milari.  Not that I know anyone in Naduman or Hipafrey to write, but I should be able to write that far and have my words received inside three weeks.

Yasna tells me that I am debugged enough to actually apply for a paid position in the News Hub that have just come open and that my reading and writing skills are good enough.  I am thrilled and terrified. To think that I might work for the Highest Loggia, for the LNH!

I will be moving out of the hostel to a room of my own if I aquire one of these positions, and it won’t be in the Basin.  Yasna and I are talking about me renting a room in his loggia, since he is so seldom there, staying so long at the Hostel.

Yasna’s loggia is on second level and I never, ever dreamed of living so high. He says that the windows of the room I might rent overlook the south rim and all the green terraces there. I have met his mother and father.  They came to visit last week and we had a lovely afternoon tea.  I was frightened that I couldn’t hold yesterday, today and tomorrow nicely separated while pouring tea and the sugared flowers for everyone but my hands didn’t shake in the slightest.

I like them.  Their names are Trufan and Yanina... Yasna is a name variant on his mother’s name.  They brought along a blue-furred kitten on an elegant little leash.  They are well enough off to have a Terran pet, instead of butterfly lizards and fluffballs like most of the rest of us.

My son.  Just between you and I and the mixed up streams of time, I am starting to hope that I can be debugged and sane enough to marry.  I like Yasna.  I like his parents.  I think they like me.  I am young enough that I could still have healthy children.  I just need a little more detoxing.

Oh my son.  Oh my beautiful son.  I’m seeing all sorts of new things in my life and I’m reading so much and it is all staying in place in my head rather than flying off like bushies in the 
wind.

I will write again soon.  You write your mother more diligently!

Your loving mother,
Dag

No comments:

Post a Comment