Monday, April 14, 2014

10 - The Mom-Bug-Thing



From the L.I.N.!


“… I write to the guide and editor of the LIN feeds now because I can do nothing else to protest my helplessness!  I can express my outrage that the so-called Emperor, with his vile so-called husband, has allowed our city to be so egregiously attacked from space, and that these so-called ‘FireDrakes’ are here to defend us.  They are insensate machines to be used not treated like people. This multi-legged thing that brought this alien man with his odd clothing who is obviously a spy…”

“From the “Household Tips Pages”:  “Please help. I’ve just gotten back home after the bombardment to find that my sealed store-room door had been jarred loose and a thumb-wide crack along the bottom has allowed the room to be overrun with oyuks. What can I do?  We had a peacock snake to take care of them but our five-year old let it out of its cage when we evacuated.”

“To: Please Help.  Every street, gallery and loggia in the city is clubbing their predatory pets together.  Ask your neighbours to find out who in your street is organizing the Peacock Clubs.  You’ll get your store-room back in no time and you might find someone with a breeding snake to replace your lost pet.”

Prime Still Pounding Desert
Hippifrei Princess Arriving on State Visit
FireDrakes Undergoing Redesign
M.O.M. Available for Remedial Surgery
Planetary Water Deep Enough for First Oceans

“Editor… how are we going to explain what an ‘ocean’ actually is?  Every time I write about more water than you can imagine it sounds like I’m sun-cracked and toxic-crazy all at the same time!”

“We’ll send someone out to where the ocean can be seen and set up a mist-curtain, just showing the vista,  so people can see anytime they want.”

“It’ll cost something.”

“Nope. His Radiance has already ordered it.  We might even get that Mom-bug-thing to do the heavy work.  Either that or some of these crazy flying warbirds and their pilots.”

“I might be able to get an interview with that Mom-bug-thing.”

“Do it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment