Thursday, October 3, 2013

141 - Did You Hear Me, Old Man?


*Anomaly on Hinemon. Prime Alert. Anomaly. Prime Alert. Prime Alert.*
 
Perrin wheeled around shaking his finger under his son's nose. “You listen to me--” he started but the younger man cut him off with a slash of his flat hand.

--No, you listen to me for once, old man. I left before because of this attitude of yours! You are just wrong. Your idea of what constitutes a just society is ludicrous!”

People LONG to be controlled and led and are just unhappy when someone tries to insist that they think for themselves--”
 
*Prime Alert, request authorization*

Grandfather --” his granddaughter spoke up and he turned on her savagely.

You be quiet, you vacuous pudenda! You aren't a human being on this planet and I refuse to listen to the unintelligent farts of wind flowing out of your--” His son closed his hand around Perrin's wrist as he shook his fist under his granddaughter's pale face, hard enough to make the old man stop with a gasp.
 
*Prime Alert, request strike authorization*
 
*Fine, authorization granted* “TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF ME THIS INSTANT YOU TRAITOROUS YOUNG FOOL!”

You shall not raise your voice to my daughter, Thurmontaler. You shall not insult her or belittle her.”
 
*Prime Acknowledgement received. Glass Mountain out.*
 
Young Perrin hauled his father up under his nose. “Did you HEAR me, old man? You didn't manage to kill me when I escaped you last time. Do you think I came back with no back-ups or plans? I'm not the fool you seem to think I am, just because I don't believe your political garbage.”

Father, I do not accept his opinions of women, nor of me.” She rose. “This argument is proceeding nowhere but to more violence. I shall be outside.”
 
The two men frozen chest to chest turned their heads to watch her proceed with enormous dignity, to the doors of the private apartment, not moving until the heavy click of the latch signalled her firm and final exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment