Sunday, May 19, 2013

Let Me Remind Everyone

Even with the comment moderation on... wow you guys should see some of the wildly off comments that are spamming through here!  

Anyway... Savage Kitsune is still ahead.  I'm re-opening things to try and get you guys talking.

Does 'code' make sense to you?  If so, how?  We're about to find out about the Nadumon... who actually have been TRYING to get hold of Perrin for a long, long time... it's kind of a 'thing' with them.  They keep using the same old protocols, though.

I'm working back up to five days a week... sorry I've fallen off the wagon so much.  Things are about to get better.  Part of the problem is that I've been very tired, working at Pangaea... hmmm. Coincidence?  Who knows.

Running gopher for a high-end chef... mostly dishwashing right now because the restaurant can't keep a dishwasher to save itself... Last week I was straining beets and cream cheese through a fine mesh.  This week I'm lugging buckets of cream of fiddlehead soup.  And scrubbing oysters.  Lots and lots and lots of oysters.  Opening some but scrubbing lots.

Plating salads.

Oh, is that an EXTRA dessert not good enough to go out?  I'll help with that one.

But lugging the heavy stuff is getting me down.  I like working in kitchens.  It's a clear and limited range of work.  This is dirty.  Now its clean.  This is raw. Now its cooked...

I'm a bit punchy because I just got home an hour ago... and let the dog out.  Later everyone... I go sleep now.      

4 comments:

  1. Does 'code' make sense to you?
    -------------
    Well enough to follow the story and not need an infodump, if that's what you're asking. I like finding out more details and pieces of the puzzle organically in the narrative.

    You're an MA'ist- try to view the "lugging heavy stuff" as training. I try to view all sorts of daily things like that as training. Sometimes I even wear ankle weights to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An MA'ist? I always thought I was a Taoist... hmmm. Thank you for the advice SK. What doesn't kill us pisses us off?

      Delete
  2. It's all about perspective.

    I pay to pick up heavy stuff in the gym. I get paid to pick up heavy stuff at work. Why not just view it as "Cool- my boss is paying me to bulk up my biceps" ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that one! I learned that one while splitting my wood by hand... Ten face cords for a winter, at one point. It was my gym-time.

      Delete